IBOLOGY is an independent game development company created in 2013 by Bob Saunders to explore ideas about space, strategy, procedural generation, science, and evolution.
In 2016, IBOLOGY was commissioned to create an educational game for a live competition at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The result is "The Martian Frontier", a cooperative survival strategy game set on Mars. Additional science-education games have been commissioned by the Patriots Technology Training Center, with events taking place in February and May.
On February 17th, 2017, IBOLOGY will launch "The Curse of Yendor" on Steam. The game is already well received on itch.io and Google Play. Later in the year, "Core Conquest" (formerly "Not Your Space") will also launch on Steam.
- Explore vast procedural dungeons, forests, swamps, and towers
- Re-shape the world with your magic
- Complete mini-quests on each floor to gain permanent rewards
- Total support for keyboard and mouse control
- On Steam 02/17/17
- AVAILABLE ON STEAM!
- Player-Driven Discovery
- Nurture strange alien flora
- Harvest plants to evolve new life-forms
- Control the rules of selection and survival
- Sculpt your world
- 4 game modes: normal, experimental, observational, ecological
- Beautiful original soundtrack
- Available from Shrapnel Games (in a box with a 48-page manual!)
- Classical rogue-like set in space
- Explore space, planets, caves, shipwrecks, temples, vaults, and more
- No level caps on officers, monsters, and items
- Unlimited procedural quests
- 150 hand-crafted quests
- 12 sentient alien races to interact with
- Over 100 monsters
- 8 different paths to victory
- Cooperative Real-Time Strategy
- Resource management simulation
- Keep your colonists alive on Mars
"The Martian Frontier" was made for a live competition event at the NASA Goddard Space Center, April 14th 2016.
Eight teams of middle-school students competed to win a week at space camp!