IBOLOGY is an independent game development company created in 2013 by Bob Saunders to explore ideas about space, strategy, procedural generation, science, and evolution.
In 2015, IBOLOGY released Approaching Infinity, The Space Adventure Roguelike, and XenoBloom: The Game Of Life Evolved. The next year, IBOLOGY worked closely with the Patriots Technology Training Center, creating custom science education video games for middle school students.
This year saw the release of The Curse Of Yendor on Steam, a roguelike game about terrain deformation. IBOLOGY is now on hiatus because...
IBOLOGY will return in 2018 with more games about space and evolution, and NZM will likely bring you more genre-busting experiences in the future as well.
- Explore vast procedural dungeons, forests, swamps, and towers
- Re-shape the world with your magic
- Complete mini-quests on each floor to gain permanent rewards
- Total support for keyboard and mouse control
- On Steam 02/17/17
- AVAILABLE ON STEAM!
- Player-Driven Discovery
- Nurture strange alien flora
- Harvest plants to evolve new life-forms
- Control the rules of selection and survival
- Sculpt your world
- 4 game modes: normal, experimental, observational, ecological
- Beautiful original soundtrack
- Available from Shrapnel Games (in a box with a 48-page manual!)
- Classical rogue-like set in space
- Explore space, planets, caves, shipwrecks, temples, vaults, and more
- No level caps on officers, monsters, and items
- Unlimited procedural quests
- 150 hand-crafted quests
- 12 sentient alien races to interact with
- Over 100 monsters
- 8 different paths to victory
- Cooperative Real-Time Strategy
- Resource management simulation
- Keep your colonists alive on Mars
"The Martian Frontier" was made for a live competition event at the NASA Goddard Space Center, April 14th 2016.
Eight teams of middle-school students competed to win a week at space camp!